Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday the 20th...5 Days Til Santa Comes

Just got off the phone with the car lease company. I avoided making the call on Friday because I was afraid of what was going to be said but Debra informs me that my car isn't actually due until February the 5th!!!??? I doubt it but it did put a little optimism in my mind! Thank You.

So!...today is the day I'm to go to Mac's and discover I did in fact win the lottery over the weekend. Today is the day...
Today is the day...
Today is the day...

And, unfortunately I find myself suffering the oh so familiar pangs of doubt that have crept in on this exact day for all the years I've indulged along this journey. In cleaning up my many emails on Saturday, transferring the varied quotes I've collected over the past few months, the following hit me in the forehead like a 2x4...

"Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” -John Updike

And as I look to the corner of my screen I think back to exactly one year ago today, although it was actually the Sunday, when I was forced to reveal my deep dark secret to my wife.
That was probably the WORST day of my life.
...and here I am, having lived through it, still blessed to have my wife beside me. Thank You.

God how I would love to be able to share the exact opposite of that news with my wife tonight when she gets home from work. How ironic would THAT be!??? (Seriously, that's the kind of stuff reserved for the fine minds of Hollywood needing a happy ending to their 90 minute tale.)

When I began this blog on Saturday I was envisioning heading into the lottery center tomorrow to sit patiently while my facts were checked. Today is already busy enough - too busy actually which is why I will need to keep this entry short.

But I will go by Mac's in a couple of hours and see if the intention I put forth the other day did in fact make its way out into the cosmos and have the opportunity to find me in its return.

Miracles DO happen.
And dreams DO come true.
The timeline may not be what is wished upon, but will be discovered as the 'perfect' time in hindsight.

Thank You
xo2

No comments:

Post a Comment